ifresco AutoOCR Transformer – OCR processing integrated with Alfresco Share
AutoOCR is an OCR server / service which is based on the obviously best OCR engine from Abbyy. The AutoOCR server has a REST web-serverice interface which was used to integrate it with Alfresco. AutoOCR is able to convert image- or PDF- files to searchable PDF´s. In addition to PDF other document formats like TXT, DOC(X), XLS(X), PPT(X), XML, RTF and HTML can also be created.
In addition, we have extended the Alfresco share document actions with the Alfresco Transformer integration. Transformer functions are available on any document via the share interface and allow the conversion of documents into different formats.
AutoOCR as Alfresco Transformer:
The OCR function can be bound to a folder as an action. So if e.g. a scanned document will be placed in this folder, the processing starts automatically started and the document will be passed to the AutoOCR server. The result is a searchable PDF or other document format that can be immediately sought and found on the Alfresco full-text index.
Alfresco Share – “Transform” document action
By implementing the additional “transform” document action to the Share UI you can use all your Alfresco transformes and not only the AutoOCR transformers. The “transform” action is implemented general and not only OCR specific.
Highlights / features:
- Direct AutoOCR integration as Alfresco transformer with REST web service interface.
- Separate AutoOCR service / server which does not strain the Alfresco server
- Based on ABBYY – the leading OCR engine
- Easy configuration by selecting OCR profiles – all available ABBYY OCR engine settings are combined.
- In addition to PDF other output formats can be generated (TXT, RTF, DOC, etc.)
- Dynamic transformer configuration at runtime using the Alfresco Share Admin interface.
- Java client for the AutoOCR service, for use in Java code.
- The Java client itself has no dependencies for Alfresco.
- New Share document action “Transform” enhances Share not only with OCR but with all supported transformers.
- Alfresco 4.x – dynamic configuration via Share Userinterface
- Alfresco 3.x – manual configuration w/o Share UI
- AutoOCR from Version 1.9.8 on Microsoft Windows as a service
- ABBYY FineReader Engine 10 (starting with 10.000 pages per month)